Chevrolet Equinox Owners Manual
MaintenanceClimate Controls / Maintenance
Passenger Compartment Air Filter
The filter removes dust, pollen, and other airborne irritants from outside air that is pulled into the vehicle.
The filter should be replaced as part of routine scheduled maintenance.
To find out what type of filter to use.
The passenger compartment air filter can be accessed by removing the entire glove box.
1. Open the glove box completely and locate the stop tab on top of the glove box door.
2. Push the stop tab upwards until the stop tab is under the instrument panel
assembly and the glove box is released.
3. Unsnap the tabs beneath the glove box that connects it to the bottom of the instrument panel assembly.
4. Remove the glove box.
5. Locate the service door for the passenger compartment air filter.
6. Push the two tabs upwards and release the latches holding the service door. Lift the service door.
7. Remove the old air filter.
8. Install the new air filter.
9. Close the service door and latches.
10. Re-install the glove box.
See your dealer if additional assistance is needed.